Thursday, September 16, 2010

All sorts of crafty goodies out there!!!!!

Surfing this am, and of course went to one of my fav blogs "everyday cricut" and is featuring guest designer Mandy from the "Polka dot spot" blog. She is making some adorable projects and I think you will really enjoy her work! She is a sweetie too! Be sure and check out "a year in cards" September 2010 with Kristina Werner. She has started Christmas cards, and they are so easy and cute!!!!! I am hoping to get with it after I finish some cards for Murray. We are late on getting out her Thank you cards due to wanting to send a wallet of her senior pics with the cards. We were only able to purchase them a few weeks ago..terrible I know! Her Grandparents were kind enough to help out with those.

I love the senior pics here in the South, they have the "formal" pics with guys in tuxes, and the gals in the off the shoulder black drape, then in the annual (at least her High School) also included a smaller casual photo. Murray opted for the formal pic even tho she could have had another pose thrown in there. I love it, she looked stunning! Did I say I loved it....yep, meds on board this am.. *sigh* so sick of this sh*t. I look forward to the day when I can take a frickin' tylenol for a minor headache or pain...sheesh!

Now on the back front...I had my physical eval done this past Monday for Social Security stuff, and when he was doing my exam, I thought I heard the words "positive Babinski reflex" on right. That's not good as far as I know (this is a common reflex that is present in newborns, but disappears with age). Usually means some type of neural or nerve damage. OK, just a bit scared, but not going to freak until I hear from SSI. Being a Nurse you know makes ya freak about every little thing that may be wrong with you...LOL! Not really, but I'm hoping I heard him wrong. I had changed my patch that am, so was a bit loopy. It's interesting to me that my former MD, said I had nerve damage on my left lower leg, BUT was caused by a "knee injury."

Yes I did have 2 knee scopes to clean out some tissue from an infection in my 20s caused by strep throat. I haven't had any problems with my knees since the scopes done in 2005!!!!!!!!! But there was no telling her this as she is soooo smart (rolling my eyes). Which led to the functional capacity exam, where the lady with her masters in occupational therapy typed on the computer, and was watching CNN at the same time, along with her "helper." From her eval, it was decided that I could lift 21 lbs and work 8 hours doing Patient care....sure...can't drive, full of meds, actually told to not take my meds while working, but when I did that with just 4 hours, well tears came (this was before the narcotic patch, which you really can't just take off). Giving meds while wearing a narcotic patch...I don't think so. I happen to like my license, and like my Patients, why would I risk them or myself. Oh well, sorry for the rant, but this is what led to the Department of Labor taking away all my compensation (but they still pay for my drugs), and losing my job. It amazes me sometimes how are Government treats people. Very sad. I hope one day for vindication, but not really happy that I may have permanent nerve damage. That kind of sucks.

Well, enough of that, sheesh..I wrote a book. If you need to find the links to the places (except for two peas, you can google Two Peas a year in cards to get to the site, she also has a PDF file to download), you can check my side bar of blogs I follow. I hope you all have a great day...we have a bit of another concern with Facebook and Murray. While watching the news this am, she saw a trio of rapist, thieves, and murderers and commented that the 3rd one was a "friend" on FB. I guess he added her, but she went and blocked him right away. So yes I know she is an adult, but we are going to have a discussion of blocking anyone she doesn't know or really talk to, and making sure her info has the correct security, so that NO ONE can see her page without being a friend, or a friend of a friend. I'm pretty sure she has done this already, but want to make sure.
Scary world out there, so I'm going to watch a few videos, and hopefully make a few cards this am. I hope to have them posted later. I am casing a few cards from Mary at "cardTV." Really pretty paper quilted cards, so wish me luck!

God Bless, and happy crafting!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment